How to Join PAELA
Download a membership application at the bottom of this page (You must join NAELA in order to be a member of PAELA. The application above serves both organizations.)
The mission of The Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys is to ensure that its members are the premier providers of legal advocacy, guidance, and services to enhance the lives of people as they age and those with special needs.
Membership questions? Contact us.
Criteria for PAELA/NAELA Membership:
- Membership is open to attorneys and all those who possess a juris doctorate or equivalent degree and are licensed or authorized to practice law under the jurisdiction of any country.
- The attorney renders legal services for the benefit of the elderly or is in an endeavor which encompasses the legal needs of the elderly.
- The attorney has an understanding of the aging process and a sensitivity to the needs of the elderly.
- The attorney is committed to the highest standards of ethics in representing the needs or promoting the welfare of the elderly.
- The attorney has a knowledge of the aging network and those services available through other agencies which benefit the elderly, or wishes to gain such knowledge.
- The attorney has a commitment to positive involvement in the work of the Academy and its purposes.